The Conant Class of 1971 will gather for our 50th Reunion the weekend of Friday, September 17th through Sunday September 19th, 2021. The main event is Saturday evening, Sept. 18th, beginning at 6:00 pm, at the Chicago Marriott Northwest in Hoffman Estates:
- All of our classmates who went to Conant and have, or would have, graduated in the Class of 1971 are invited to attend; and,
- Our teachers are invited to attend
See below to register for the Reunion and book room reservations.
REGISTER NOW—EARLY—SPACE MAY BE LIMITED!
Our space arrangement with the Marriott depends on attendance.We urge everyone to register early to make sure everyone who wants to attend can attend.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Friday Gathering Place: We will gather in the hotel’s RiverCity Grille and Lounge, next to the hotel lobby, around 5 pm to get reacquainted, have a snack or dinner and refreshments. Please know that this is an informal event and each person is responsible for their own food and drink at this gathering.
Saturday Afternoon School Tour: At noon, anyone interested in experiencing and reliving some of the memories from our youth may tour Conant H.S.! Each person must arrange for transportation to and from the school. The tour will last anywhere from one to two hours, depending on how nostalgic everyone is at the time and the patience of our tour operator.
Saturday Evening Main Event: We will gather at 6:00 pm in the hotel’s Prairie Stone Ballroom for cocktails (cash). At 7:00 pm, we will begin presentations and announcements At 7:30 pm, dinner will be served, with background music to enjoy throughout your meal. Feel free to move from table to table visiting each other while you eat. After dinner, we hope to see the dance floor come to life with music of our era by our DJ. The DJ will perform and cash bars will remain open throughout the evening until midnight!
Sunday Farewell Breakfast / Brunch: The hotel’s RiverCity Grille and Lounge (next to the hotel lobby), is available for breakfast or brunch. Please know that each person is responsible for their own food and drink at this gathering.
HOTEL LOCATION & RESERVATIONS
Chicago Marriott Northwest
The Chicago Marriott Northwest is in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, at the Southwest corner of Higgins Road and Route 59, just north of the Northwest tollway (I-90), and west of the school. The address is 4800 Hoffman Blvd., Hoffman Estates, IL 60192, and telephone number is 847-645-9500.
Click the link above to be directed to the Marriott's home page. All you need to do is enter/change your arrival date to begin the reservation process and enter the code CHFS, if the link does not prefill the code for you.
Our reserved block of rooms at the Chicago Marriott Northwest is for the discounted rate, plus applicable tax. If you call the hotel to reserve a room, ask for “Conant High School Reunion” to obtain the discounted rate.
Room reservations require either a first night room deposit or guarantee with a major credit card. Rooms may be cancelled up to 24 hours in advance with Marriott or per current Marriott policy at the time of reservation. The discounted rate is for a standard room with king or double beds, based on availability at the time of your reservation. Just one more reason to pay your attendance fee now!
We are happy to note some of the advantages of our location at the Marriott:
· Stay and congregate in one spot; and,
· Walk from the hotel to other restaurants and shopping without the necessity of having a rental car. Also, a van provided by the hotel will take you to more restaurants and shopping to a plaza kitty corner to the hotel and shopping complex; and,
· Party without driving (for both out of town or local classmates by staying at the hotel); and,
· A central meeting place in the lobby of the hotel to run into other classmates; and,
· Restaurant and bar on-site; and,
· Free internet service, fitness facility, pool, and free parking at the hotel.
This 50th Reunion has been twenty years in the making after our last one in 2011. We feel this reunion may be the best attended and appreciated and hope you do too.
We are at that “defining age” when we are most likely to enjoy this 50th Reunion to reflect on our lives since our days at Conant. Reminisce about the days when the muscles didn’t ache after dancing all night and the party could last into the morning hours without a hint of grogginess when the sun came up, along with so many other reasons. We hope to see many of you and that you bring your spouse, significant other, or a date, and enjoy memories from 50 years ago and initiate new ones!
Please pay to attend now by registering using PayPal below!!!
POLICY REGARDING PAYMENTS
· We are working on refunds if Covid restrictons prevent the event. We are committing individually as a committee to substantial contractual sums based on our trust in our classmates. If you have sent in a deposit, you should deduct it from the ticket fee.
· Should you send in a check, and it is returned to our bank for whatever reason and our bank charges the reunion account a returned check fee, your replacement check must include the reunion bank’s fees in order for us to accept your subsequent check. Should this occur, we will notify you of the added bank fees necessary to add to your next check.
Register on-line below using the PayPal Add To Cart button (allows use of a credit card); or, mail in a check:
· PayPal: To register using PayPal, use the option below. You do not need to be a member of PayPal to use this system and we’d prefer that you register using PayPal. If you are not a member of PayPal, enter the system as a guest and proceed with your registration.
Note: PayPal fees are $2.62 per transaction which is included in your payment total amount.
· Check: If you prefer to send in a check, make it payable to “Conant HS 1971 Reunion Association”, and mail along with the form, “Registration Form for Checks” posted on the “News” page of our website ($100.00 per person,), and mail as follows: Pam Haubenriser at 237 Andrew Ln. Schaumburg, IL 60193 Attn: Reunion.
COMPLETE PAYMENT IS DUE BY AUGUST 18TH. NO EXCEPTIONS.
NOTE: If you know about a classmate who does not have computer access and requires a “Registration Form for Checks”, please either print the form from the “News” page of our website and mail it to them.
Conant '71 50th Reunion Weekend
$100.00 per person plus $2.62 PayPal Fee
Add Classmate to cart and then spouse/significant other.
Your Conant ‘71 Reunion Committee